Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Task-Research 2 unbuilt architectures

Design Proposal 1

For one of my unbuilt architectures I want to bring forward the "Hydropolis" which is an underwater hotel under construction In Dubai. The reason why I'm choosing this is because currently there is no underwater architecture that exists besides a few underwater aquariums and condo's.

Below is an actual underwater condo that was built next to a Coral reef.



After looking at the graphics in the game crysis, I can see the visual effects of the underwater Hydropolis hotel looking really good. Because Crysis is a game as well it will enable us to explore in realtime the construction of an underwater building, if it as at all possible within cryengine 2.

Below is a illustration of the proposed final outcome of the Hydropolis.



I think that this building should be our team collaborative fabrication because it outlines a new theme in architecture that has not been fully established yet. I think that a underwater hotel would look fantastic next to a reef where marine life would be just outside your window acting like a giant aquarium. And using the cryengine2 it all seems possible.




Design Proposal 2


For the other unbuilt architecture I have been researching information about another proposed structure in Dubai. It is called the Dubai deathstar by Rem Koolhaas pictured below.



Although the actual purpose of the design is undefined it looks to me like it can serve as a stadium, like a modern version of the Colosseum. From the pictures that have been posted on this website "http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/05/rem_koolhaass_d.php", it does look like this structure can be a nature reserve or park as well as being a stadium.




I think that my team could use this as our collaborative fabrication as this structure would be interesting to make using the cryengine 2 as it is quite a large complex. By looking at some of the cryisis environments, a large scale project like the Dubai deathstar seems possible. The structural elements and landscaping would be quite challenging to do but I think it would be worth it in the end.










No comments:

Post a Comment