Thursday, May 7, 2009

Progress - 07/05/09

Well.... Most of my team stayed up all night doing the finishing touches for our final fabrication and presentation. Quite a few teams were working with us in the labs in the red center all doing there projects. It was quite funny seeing everyone stress including me. But in the end of the night I saw great progress from the teams that were staying up doing there fabrication and we ended up passing advice and tips on how to do certain things to help improve our designs. My team and another lost a couple of hours of work because of restarting computers in the labs which was quite fustrating but in the end we got it done and was an interesting night.

Phil and I finally figured out how to make the underground train work by using the same technique we used for the elevators but to change the axis so the train would move horizontally instead of vertically. Eva and I ran into quite alot fo problems with importing the layer of interior walls, furnishings and textures. Some of it was imported but was missing alot of stuff. It was also quite hard to select the objects such as the furniture as they seemed to be locked but werent. Still havent figured out what happened there but I guess the share complexity of the projects is starting to fail on the computers. One note that I will also mention is that since copying the file and sending it from person to person to work on, I have found that each time I receive the file there are things missing, elements that have been moved and scripts that basically stopped moving such as elevators and sliding doors which is real annoying. Stephen did a great job with the AI and one thing that will aspire for further improvements for the Hydropolis if it gets chosen is more interactivy with A.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment